About NARPM®2012 NARPM® President Jayci Grana, MPM® RMP®, discusses the benefits of membership.
The National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM®) is an association of real estate professionals who know first-hand the unique problems and challenges of managing single-family and small residential properties. Download State of NARPM® PowerPoint presentation.
Professional Members of NARPM® are individuals who must be engaged in the management of residential properties as agents for others, licensed in those states that require licensing, or is an employee of a company, or property owner, who handles all aspects of the residential Property management. These individuals must comply with real estate license law for their state but do not have to hold a license.
- Support Specialist Members are individuals who act in the role of support in the office of a Professional Member, not acting in a capacity requiring licensure in that state.
- Affiliate Members are companies who serve or supply the residential property management profession.
- Support Specialist and Affiliate Members are nonvoting members of NARPM®.
NARPM® Governing Documents
Just the Facts
- A large number of single-family dwellings across the U.S. are non-owner occupied.
- The average number of units owned by investors is fewer than five.
- There are many properties being managed either by owners or by managers who specialize in small properties.
NARPM® Fills the Void
- As a group, managers of small residential properties oversee billions of dollars worth of assets, yet have had little or no voice in such important matters as tax law, legislation, legal document requirements, accounting practices, insurance, building codes, zoning and utilities.
- Prior to the inception of NARPM®, there was no organization to represent this large group of property managers and their clients.
Meeting the Needs of Residential Property Managers
The National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM®), founded in October 1988, provides a permanent trade organization for the residential property management industry. NARPM® continues to be the premier professional association of residential property managers, currently representing over 4,000 members comprised of real estate agents, brokers, managers and their employees. Download 2012 Membership Survey
- NARPM® promotes a high standard of business ethics, professionalism and fair housing practice. The Association also certifies its members in the standards and practices of the residential property management industry and promotes continuing professional education.
- NARPM® is an association of real estate professionals who know first-hand the unique problems and challenges of managing single-family and small residential properties.
- NARPM® members know that education and communication raise the level of our profession, so that we may better represent our clients.
- NARPM® is here to represent the interest of property managers.
Why You Need a Professional
- Better renter selection, background checks, and pre-screening.
- Maintenance contracts save you money.
- Rental listings are taken care of, and usually reach a larger audience.
- Property Management fees are usually considered a tax deduction.