April 2012 Edition
NARPM® new online application
Have you been to NARPM.org and checked out the new member application? It is so easy for new members to apply and pay dues online. Send the link to all the property managers you know to check out NARPM®.
Watch for Breaking News!
NARPM® has signed an agreement with The Home Depot to offer members of NARPM® educational services plus a rebate program on all your purchases. Within the next few days, NARPM® and Home Depot will be putting out an e-Blast announcing this exciting new program!
One Regional Conference left in 2012
Registration is open for the South Central Regional Conferences. Information can be found here. Thank you to Propertyware and Rentals.com who are the Platinum Sponsors for all the regional events!
Webinar - How to use Google Tools for Property Managers
On May 17 at 3 PM eastern; 2 PM central; 1 PM mountain; 12 PM pacific; and 9 AM Hawaii times the e-chapter webinar presentation will provide an understanding of Google Tools and a plan for how to get started using them.
- Why and how you should be using free Google Tools
- Detailed examples of Property Managers who are successfully using Google Tools to attract New Tenants and Owners
- Techniques to connect with tenants and staff
- Brief explanation of several Google Tools including Calendars, Google Docs, Google Voice and more!
Presented by AppFolio, providers of web-based property management software. Click here to register.
Missed a webinar? As a NARPM® member, you can also view archived Webinars for FREE by logging in as a member and going under the Member Resources tab to Webinar Videos - Archived.
NARPM® Board of Directors Action
- The Directors adopted the Member Services Committee recommendation of membership changes that will accommodate the over 1,000 members who still have not completed the NARPM® Code of Ethics requirement. A letter detailing the time frame for these changes will be sent to these members.
a. Property Managers will join NARPM® as an Associate Member until they complete the new members Ethics course – This will include International Members.
b. Once the Ethics course is completed the member will be changed to a Professional Member.
c. Any current members who have not completed the Ethics course will be changed to an Associate Member until they complete the course, six (6) months after adoption of these changes.
d. Associate Members will pay annual renewal membership dues at an increased amount over Professional Members.
e. Associate Members can be used in count to reach tier discount but will not be entitled to discount (same as current Support Staff policy).
f. Offer Professional Members a lower registration fees than Associate Members for NARPM® events.
g. On Search for a Property Manager on the website, designate those members as Professional Members and add a definition of what a Professional Members: A Property Manager who has fulfilled all membership requirement of NARPM® including the completion of the NARPM® Code of Ethics training.
h. Members cannot retain designations without completing the Ethics class.
i. If company holds CRMC® then the main MPM® needs to be current on their Ethics class.
j. Only allow Professional Members to sit on the NARPM® Board of Directors.
k. Once all amendments to the bylaws are completed then notify Chapters to adopt same verbiage.
l. Associate Members are not allowed to use or display any NARPM® logos.
m. Associate Members must still abide by the NARPM® Code of Ethics.
- Adopted Professional Development Committee recommendation that all CRMC® companies be invoiced for their Renewal and/or Recertifications in October of each year, keeping in the same time line with the dues billing, and will have until the dues deadline to comply. For the calendar year 2012 only, the committee will give the companies already invoiced a deadline of June 30th to compete the process. Companies who fail to comply with the deadlines will be suspended for 90 days and if not completed by the deadline of the suspension a recommendation will go to the BOD to decertify the company.
- Reinstated CALNARPM to full chapter compliance.
- Adopted the Southern Nevada Chapter of NARPM® amended bylaws
- Adopted the following policies be added to the P&P under travel policy:
A. NARPM® will reimburse the Board of Directors for the expense of internet access on airlines.
B. The President and President-Elect will be reimbursed their travel costs to attend the Broker/Owner Retreat.
- Adopted amended 2012 Budget and the financials through March 2012.
Are you a designation candidate?
NARPM® no longer accepts notebooks from designation candidates. We have made the process electronic so all you have to do is keep up to date on your own personal electronic work sheet. If you need more information contact Cher Leadbeater by email.
Ready to move on to the NARPM® Board?
The Nominating Committee is accepting applications for the NARPM® Board of Directors. Have you considered becoming more involved? Information can be found for Officer applications here and information for RVP/Director applications here. You must be logged in to Members Only.
Did you know Residential Resource is available in electronic format?
You must be logged in to Members Only to access and then you can look at all the current and archived Residential Resource magazines as downloadable PDFs or page-flippable versions. Check it out!
Educate yourself on social media
Thinking about taking online classes? Have you checked out the new social media classes that are available? Follow the link and then go to the bottom of the page.
NARPM® AFFINITY PARTNERS
Save on your bottom line by using NARPM® Affinity Partners. We keep adding new partners and encourage you to check them out here.
Here are current membership counts as of April 30, 2012:
- Total Members: 3,633
- Professional Members: 3,247
- International Members: 9
- Honorary Member: 1
- Honorary Life Member: 1
- Life Members: 22
- Support Staff: 182
- Affiliates: 143
- Junior: 27
- Student: 1
Following are the chapters with 50 or more members. Check your records TODAY to make sure everyone in your chapter is still active. Professional Members must belong to National and your chapter.
- Atlanta, GA – 184 members
- Oahu, HI – 179 members
- Orlando/Central FL – 163 members
- San Antonio, TX – 137 members
- Phoenix, AZ – 111 members
- Sacramento, CA – 101 members
- Southeastern VA/Hampton Roads – 93 members
- Denver, CO – 90 members
- Greater Dallas, TX – 79 members
- Austin Area, TX – 75 members
- Colorado Springs, CO– 67 members
- Tampa Bay, FL– 66 members
- Southwest Idaho – 63 members
- Northeast Florida – 68 members
- King, County, WA – 59 members
- Santa Clara County, CA – 55 members
- San Diego, CA – 54 members
- Fort Worth/Mid Cities, TX – 50 members
- Florida State – 426 members
- California State – 337 members
- Washington State – 142 members
- Virginia State – 139 members
- At Large Members – 719 members
Chapter Leaders: Do you need to grow your chapter quickly? Then check out the At Large member list by state to make sure you aren't missing members in your area.
Find out who has joined NARPM® recently. Put these reports into excel and you have your own database to send out announcements. See the latest membership information, including At Large members. You can also submit prospective members through this site and view active prospects. Remember, you must sign into the Members Only section to access these reports.
Are you reading this report and not a member of NARPM®?
You can obtain more information on NARPM® by going to www.narpm.org or contact the National office at 800-782-3452 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there any other information you would like to see included in the monthly National Report? If so, please e-mail email@example.com and we will see if it can be included.
|638 Independence Parkway, Suite 100, Chesapeake, VA 23320|
P: (800) 782-3452 | F: (866) 466-2776 | firstname.lastname@example.org