NARPM® Leadership Works from a Strategic Plan
This plan is a living document that encourages strategic thinking, creative, and careful consideration of the future. This document culminates the dynamic process of positioning NARPM ® for the future. It gives overall guidance and direction on agreed upon goals, yet charges the volunteer and management staff to deal with unknown, unexpected and unpredictable issues. Regular review of the strategic plan will incorporate changes in the environment, shifting goals, and new ventures.
Download Strategic Plan adopted by NARPM® Board of Directors on September 24, 2012.
NARPM® is the professional, educational, and ethical leader for the residential property management industry.
NARPM® aspires to be integral in the advocacy and recognition of the residential property management profession.
Core Values that Guide NARPM®
- Networking - Cooperation and sharing as colleagues.
- Education - Promotion of education, business development, and professional designations.
- Advocacy - Advance the profession by influencing issues that impact residential property management.
- Ethics - Respect and integrity among members brought about by ethicl, honest and credible behavior.
Strategic ObjectiveI. Retain, grow, and broaden the membership.
Short-Term Goals for Objective I
- Younger generation will seek the opportunity to become a future leader of NARPM®.
- Future growth initiatives for the organization are critical.
- Increase involvement by the Chapters in national retention, recruitment, and leadership development programs.
- Educate the Association on the demographic changes within the membership.
- Understand the impact generational differences will have on the association.
- Work with chapters to support new members.
- Maintain, improve, and enhance new and existing member services.
- Build member loyalty to NARPM®.
Strategic ObjectiveII. Recognized as the authority in the residential property management industry.
Short-Term Goals for Objective II
- Establish a media voice nationally, regionally and locally.
- Establish a recognizable tag line.
- NARPM® brand and designations to become recognized.
- Establish NARPM® as the “go-to” source of Residential Property Management.
- NARPM® National shall develop public relation programs in partnership with Chapters in an effort to increase awareness of NARPM®.
Strategic ObjectiveIII. Represent the interests of the residential property management industry in regulatory and governmental affairs.
Short-Term Goals for Objective III
- Promote and support active member participation in local, state, and federal legislative matters.
- Form coalitions with the goal of alliance building that would result in the sharing of legislative information and lobbying efforts.
- Shape public policy issues affecting the practice of residential property management.
- Encourage members to become involved in their local and state political process.
- Monitor a position in regards to requirement for specialized licenses for the practice of property management.
- Allocate resources to advance the above goals that will enable NARPM to sustain a professional Governmental Affairs paid position.
Strategic ObjectiveIV. Research and deliver expanded and improved services, materials, and techniques that assist members in the successful operation of their business.
Short-Term Goals for Objective IV
- NARPM® is the premier source for education and best practices for residential property management.
- Encourage chapters to obtain continuing education credits for NARPM® offered courses.
- Utilize technology to promote leadership training for Regional Vice Presidents that effectively support chapters.
- Produce, disseminate, and provide ways for members to manage regional issues that affect members' business.
- Provide members access to documents utilized in the residential property management industry.
- Improve the education and professional abilities of the membership.
Strategic ObjectiveV. Reinforce current and build new alliances with other like-minded organizations.
Short-Term Goals for Objective V
- Create and fund strategic alliances that enforce and enhance the mission of NARPM®.
- Keep members informed of all strategic alliances and how they can participate.
- Build consensus with strategic partners on common regulatory and governmental affairs issues.