Residential Management Professional Overview
"The RMP® designation helped set me apart in my community from other property managers. I can refer to my designation with pride and explain the knowledge I have achieved makes me a better property manager. I became so excited about learning after taking my RMP® classes, I decided to take it to the next level and now I am the only one in my city to have an MPM®! The designations are a great way to market myself and our company and helps us to get new business."
Karen Carlson, MPM® RMP®
Property Management Experts
- Be a current member of NARPM®.
- Be a currently licensed real estate agent for a period of not less than the 2 previous years. (If your state requires licensing.)
- Verification of 100 unit years of experience acquired over a minimum of two consecutive years. (One unit year equals management of 1 residential unit for 1 year.) Must manage a minimum of 25 residential units during candidacy period and at the time of achieving the designation.
- Successfully complete 18 hours of NARPM® approved coursework, plus the NARPM® Ethics course.
- Earn 50 elective points through service to NARPM®.
- Attend two NARPM® state or regional conferences OR one NARPM® national convention prior to completing candidacy.
- Submit sealed letters of recommendation from 2 RMP® or MPM® designees and 3 clients.
- Submit a completed candidacy checklist packet within 3 years of application date.
- Non-refundable application fee of $150.
- Download the RMP® Candidacy Checklist
- Apply for Designation
Eighteen hours of NARPM® approved courses, plus the Ethics class, are required to achieve the RMP® designation. With the exception of the required three-hour Ethics Course, the following classes are one day (six hours) in length. Choose from:
- Habitability Standards & Maintenance
- HR: Start to Finish
- NARPM® 101: Basics of Property Management
- Office Operations
- Operating an In House Maintenance Company
- Maintenance: Basics and Beyond
- Owner/Client Relations Essentials
- Owner/Client Relations Advanced
- Personnel Procedures Essentials
- Personnel Procedures Advanced
- Risk Management Essentials
- Risk Management Advanced