Intro to Maintenance; Covering the Basics of Standards, Codes & Safety
Touching on aspects of the Uniform Housing Code, Habitability Standards & Local Codes, Policies of Insurance Companies and NARPM’s Standards of Professionalism; Participants will understand why it is important to know how buildings are put together and what to look at when taking properties into management .
Who Should Attend?
Maintenance Coordinators; Property Managers; Maintenance Assistants
What You Will Learn?
- Introduction into the Building Components that Make Up Housing Structures
- Recognize Common Standards of Habitability & the Uniform Housing Code
- Understanding the Components and Categories of Maintenance
- Lean to Outline the differing Types of Property Surveys, Reviews & Inspections
- Review Safety Concerns including Carbon Monoxide; Mold; Lead Based Paint; Asbestos; & Radon
How YOU will Benefit?
Obtaining the basic understanding of building components and the risks involved in tenants occupying the structures will result in a more efficient property management operation. Learning how a property works and the problem solving skills that will come from that will make you a valued part of the management team.
- Basic Maintenance Terminology
- Basic Building Components
- Basic Building Systems & Services
- Types of Maintenance
- Types of Property Surveys (Inspections)
- Safety & Health Concerns