Consult health care, tax and legal professionals, the CDC, WHO, and other agencies as needed before taking action. This is for informational purposes only and not intended to be legal, tax or medical advice. To avoid potential fair housing issues, be sure to apply all enacted company protocols to all clients. Likewise, be sure to maintain confidentiality as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) should anyone be confirmed to have COVID-19.
New Information Added Today
- From the NARPM Action Center! CALL TO ACTION: Make Your Voice Heard on Phase 4 COVID Relief – Thank you for all that you are doing to advocate for property management issues. Your work is bearing results. But, there is more work to be done! Please take a moment today to contact your Senator and Representative by clicking on the link.
- NEW from NARPM Members-Only Exclusive Content – Mortgage Information Form – NARPM Template for property managers to use with clients. Note: To access NARPM Members-Only Exclusive Content, you will need to log into Members-Only with your email and password. Click on Document Sharing and download the pdf.
- US States’ Small Business Support Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic – link to article from Best Accounting Software regarding assistance for small businesses.
- President Trump signed an extension of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) to August 8. The program had an original end date of June 30. There is still approximately $132 billion left in the program.
Small Business Information
- President Trump Signs PPP Flexibility Act of 2020 into Law – June 5, 2020
- Coronavirus Small Business Guide – from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness Application – pdf download from the Small Business Administration, May 15, 2020 – Read the Press Release
- SBA provides safe harbor for PPP loans under $2 million – article from Journal of Accountancy, May 13, 2020
- Reopening Guide: Tools & Tips for Small Business Owners – a guide from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Resources Available to Businesses in Need of Funding – one hour video presented by National Small Business Town Hall from Inc. & U.S. Chamber of Commerce, April 17, 2020
- PPP Loan – 6 Steps to make sure your COVID-19 Payroll Protection Loan is Forgiven – four minute video from Matthew Whitaker from gkhouses, What do you do once you have it? How do you make sure that 100% of it is forgiven? April 13, 2020
- Experts Discuss How 1099 Contractors Can Access Coronavirus Loans — one hour webinar presented by National Small Business Town Hall from Inc. & U.S. Chamber of Commerce, April 10, 2020
- IRS provides guidance under the CARES Act to taxpayers with net operating losses – press release with links to PDF guidance documents, April 9, 2020
- IRS extends more tax deadlines to cover individuals, trusts, estates corporations and others – press release from IRS, April 9, 2020
- Navigating the COVID-19 Pandemic in Single-Family Property Management – fifty minute video moderated by John Bradford of Pet Screening. This SFR Property Management Tele-Town Hall briefing brought together national-level resources to help the SFR property management industry navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. April 8, 2020
- Tax Provisions in the CARES Act – Video from NARPM – fifteen minute video, The NARPM Governmental Affairs team discusses some of the tax provisions in the CARES Act that may be of interest to property managers. April 7, 2020
- You Can Now Apply for the $350 Billion Paycheck Protection Program. Here’s What You Need to Know! – fifty-seven minute webinar from the Small Business Town Hall presented by Inc. and the U. S. Chamber of Commerce, April 3, 2020
- SBA Loan Conversation with Rick Sanborn from Seacoast Commerce Bank PART II – thirty minute video from GKHouses and the Property Management Mastermind Show, April 3, 2020
- Resources for Small Business in the Stimulus Package – Video from NARPM – fifteen minute video, Join Monica Gilroy, Atty at Law, of The Gilroy Firm, and NARPM Governmental Affairs Director, Tyler Craddock for a concise overview of resources available in the stimulus package to small businesses.
- CARES Act: What Small Businesses Need to Know – article from U. S. Chamber of Commerce, updated March 31, 2020
- Committee Releases Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About the CARES Act – press release from U. S. House Committee on Financial Services, April 1, 2020
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers effective April 1, 2020 – Answers to 59 Questions from the U.S. Department of Labor
- Employment Issues & Risks Presentation – Not sure what to do with employees? Here is a twenty minute session from the law firm NARPM uses, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, which was developed to help their clients.
- Fannie Mae Loan Lookup – Know Your Options by Checking Here FirstI’ll
- FreddieMac Loan Lookup Tool
- Guide to CoronaVirus Mortgage Relief Options – blog post from Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, March 31, 2020
- How the Treasury Department is Taking Action – from U.S. Department of the Treasury; includes PDF applications for SBA Loans for borrowers
- How to Get an SBA Coronavirus Emergency Payroll Protection Loan – article from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- SBA Loan Conversation with Rick Sanborn from Seacoast Commerce Bank – thirty-eight minute video from GKHouses and the Property Management Mastermind Show, March 27, 2020
- Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources – from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Small Business Loan Information – from the U.S. Small Business Administration
Document Sharing – More than 20 shared documents added
NARPM Members Sharing Documents and Templates on the NARPM website.Note: To access NARPM Members-Only Exclusive Content, you will need to log into Members-Only with your email and password.
Upcoming Webinars – Registration Links for New Webinars
More coming soon
From NARPM Governmental Affairs Facebook Discussion Group
Note: To access NARPM Members-Only Exclusive Content, you will need to log into Members-Only with your email and password.
Click HERE to join the NARPM Governmental Affairs Facebook Discussion Group.
Click HERE to join the NARPM Facebook Discussion Group.