Managing Single-Family Homes & Small Investment Properties*
Visit the IREM® website to register.
You cannot register for this class with NARPM®, only IREM®. Click on the link above.
* Note: This is an 8-Hour class.
Managing Single-Family Homes and Small Investment Properties is the result of an exciting collaboration between IREM and the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM®) that serves as a primer for agents and owners to introduce them to real estate management basics.
Gain an in-depth understanding of the intricacies of managing single-family homes and small investment properties while maximizing the value and financial potential of the properties you manage. Be the agent with the reputation as a manager who knows what it takes to lease and manage property, while earning the respect of residents.
You can register for other NARPM® in-classroom classes here.
Or you can register for other online courses here.
What you will learn:
- Management Agreement. Requirements for management agreements, state real estate license requirements
- Ethics and Legal Issues. Importance of ethics in property management, fair housing issues, resident-landlord and other laws related to leasing and property management, evictions
- Risk Analysis. Risk management program, common residential property hazards, insurance types, insurance claims
- Maintaining the Property. Maintenance guidelines and strategies, major residential maintenance components, working with contractors, creating a greener property
- Financial Tools. Property budgets and trust accounts, cost-benefit analysis, record-keeping and reporting systems
- Marketing and Leasing. Market analysis, rental rates, advertising, showing the space, resident solicitation, screening and selection, residential leases, lease renewal
How you will benefit:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the intricacies of managing single family homes and small investment properties
- Maximize the value and financial potential of the properties you manage
- Secure a reputation as a manager who knows what it takes to lease and manage a property
- Earn the respect of residents