Earn $50 for Each New Professional/ Associate Member You Refer!
Share How NARPM® Can Benefit Property Managers
Refer a new professional/associate member that joins NARPM® between May 1 and July 31, 2018, and receive a $50 voucher that can be used toward in-classroom course registration, Broker/Owner registration (when available), and National Convention registration.
This article is full of ideas to equip you with information that you can use to share all that NARPM® has to offer other property managers. Start earning a $50 voucher for each new professional/associate member you refer that joins!*
This is part of the #NARPM10K that has the goal of doubling membership to 10,000 members by the year 2020. If every current member refers one new professional/associate member to join, we could reach our goal in one month! Membership at NARPM® comes with outstanding business opportunities for growth. How do you convey that to someone in a way that converts him or her to join? As consummate professionals, you are already skilled in the basic elements of the sale. We want to make selling NARPM® to potential new professional/associate members simple. We’re providing tools and suggestions to give you a head start preparing and planning to refer new professional/associate members.
Make a Plan
Clarify the mission with the end in mind. Plan toward your goal by making a list of 10 to 25 property managers, brokers, owners, real estate professionals, or industry business owners that are not current professional/associate members. Did you know the NARPM® LinkedIn group has over 14,700 industry professionals that aren’t members? That could be a great place to start. Decide how you plan to break the ice and contact each person. Telephone calls or face-to-face meetings usually have the highest conversion. You may also consider email, text, social media contact, or a handwritten note.
Anticipate the Other Person’s Needs
Being an industry professional, you already have an understanding of daily property management needs. As a member, you know the motivations that compel an individual to join NARPM®. This gives you a heads-up on how to approach possible objections or challenge the perceptions someone may have when it comes to joining. Direct them to the NARPM® New Member Online Application at https:// www.narpm.org/join/apply
Get Their Story
Learn their motivations for getting into this industry. Ask about their business and experiences. Discuss challenges they face in their daily operations. Ask questions and listen to their responses.
Share Your NARPM® Story
Your love of and experience with NARPM® is your most powerful selling tool. So many successful NARPM® stories start with, “So and- so told me that if I was serious about property management, I needed to join NARPM®.” That phrase is usually followed up by their personal and business growth after joining, taking advantage of what the association offers, and getting involved. Be sure to be honest. The most powerful sale is made by under promising and over delivering. Share other NARPM® Member stories at https://www.narpm. org/updates/membership/property-manager-success-growth
Ask for the Next Steps
Plan how you want to close the sale in any or all of the following ways:
• Direct them to the website.
• Ask them to connect to NARPM® on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and LinkedIn to get to know the association.
• Invite them to come to a regional or national event.
• Ask them to join you at a chapter meeting.
• Direct them to classes that cover topics they have identified as challenges.
• Lead them to explore how designations and certifications can help them grow and give information on how to start.
Give Them Time to Consider
Thank them for their time and for the opportunity to get to know them. Give them a card to follow up if they have any questions or just connect in the future. After several days to a week, follow up. Warmly re-express gratitude for their time. Take this chance to offer any of the next steps again (above).
NARPM® is all about networking and investing in improving the property management industry. One of the ways we do that is by growing! Let’s double membership to 10,000 members by the year 2020. #NARPM10K by 2020
* Valid for new professional/associate members only that join between May 1 to July 31, 2018. Not valid on new membership dues for new Company Members. The online or hard copy application must mention, “Referred By (name of person),” for the member to receive the $50 voucher. The online or hard copy application with membership payment must be received by July 31, 2018. The voucher can only be used on in-classroom course registrations, Broker/Owner registration (when available), and National Convention registration. Voucher expires December 31, 2018. This offer cannot be combined with the current New Member Recruitment Program $200 credit
Current editions of the award-winning Residential Resources magazine is sent eleven times a year to members. Join NARPM to receive all of the benefits of membership and receive current editions.
Copyright © 2023 National Association of Residential Property Managers®. All Rights Reserved. Do not reprint without permission.